The Department of Computer Science and Innovative Technologies was established in 2002 and now it is headed by Ph.D. in Engineering sciences V.I. Guru.
In 2004 after the reception of the licence, the first intake included the students to be trained in three specialties: Computer systems and networks; Information security in computer systems and networks ; Maintenance of computer systems.
From 2004 to 2010, the staff was presented by:
- The head of the department, Candidate of Engineering sciences Volodymyr Igorevich Guru - a young, and very talented expert of all areas of computer technology;
- Professor of the department, world-class scientist, the inventor and scientist who gave development to many fields of programming – Ph.D. Zaytsev Dmitry Anatolyevich;
- Professor of the Department, Candidate of Engineering sciences , expert on acoustics and standardization Golovan Vyacheslav Grigorovich;
- Associate professor, Candidate of Engineering sciences, expert on radio engineering Sergienko Andrey Vladimirovich;
- Associate professor, Candidate of Engineering sciences Sergeyev Volodymyr Vasyliovych;
- Senior lecturer, analyst Zakharov Alexander, a specialist in crypto-analysis of computer viruses.
Teachers of the Department are training specialists in the field of computer engineering and innovative technologies of the following directions and specialties:
Educational qualification level "Junior Specialist":
- Maintenance of computer systems and networks.
Educational and qualification level "Bachelor":
- Computer systems and networks;
- Security of information and communication systems and networks;
- Design (Specialization: Design of Computer and Multimedia Technologies).
Educational and qualification level "Master":
- Computer systems and networks;
- Cyber Security.
"SERVICE OF COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND NETWORK" suggests the following competences:
• knowledge and professional skills that will enable a specialist in engineering-circuit to serve with high professionalism the means of computers, computer networks and intelligent systems at enterprises and organizations;
• practical work in computer laboratories of the University;
• internships at the enterprises;
"COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND NETWORKS" suggests:
• professional knowledge that will solve the issues of building personal computers, learn the principles of their design and software management of hardware resources;
• modern practical skills, based on which you will be able to analyze the problems that arise when working with computer technology and peripheral equipment, develop technologies for their elimination and act as an expert on these issues;
• practical communication with computer technology, which will give you the opportunity to become a qualified computer engineer, whose need grows every year.
In 2005, on the initiative of faculty lecturers, in order to coordinate educational and methodological work, a faculty scientific and methodological seminar on the problems of training specialists in technical specialties at the Humanitarian University was founded and started its activities. The workshop is conducted in two sections - in the section of teaching and methodological work and in the section of scientific work.
During the period of the existence of the faculty, a number of offices and laboratories have been created and equipped with the faculty members: the programming desk, the laboratory of physics, circuit engineering and computer electronics, structured cabling systems, microprocessors and microcontrollers. In order to equip students with practical skills in the installation, maintenance and operation of computer systems and networks, as well as for the passing of educational and production practices, an inter-departmental training and practical workshop was established at the faculty. In the laboratories and in the workshop, modern equipment is installed, which makes it possible to train specialists in technical specialties at a sufficiently high level. It is planned to equip the cabinets of mathematics and mathematical modeling, information security, information and communication systems and networks.
All rooms are equipped with computers in a quantity that provides high-quality training.
As for the scientific work, it should be noted that during the period of existence of the Department five PhD dissertations were defended and five more are being prepared now.