1. General provisions
1.1. The Academic Council is a collegial governing body of the International Humanities University (hereinafter - the University) and is formed for a period of five years, the composition of which is approved by order of the Head of the University within five working days from the expiration of the previous Academic Council.
1.2. The Academic Council is one of the main components in the system of the University. Through collective discussion, it makes decisions on current issues of current, future work of the University, ensures the functioning of the University as a holistic multifunctional, multidisciplinary educational system.
1.3. In its activities, the Academic Council of the University is guided by the Constitution of Ukraine, Laws of Ukraine "On Education", "On Higher Education", "On Scientific and Scientific-Technical Activity", regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers, international legal acts and obligations of Ukraine, others legal acts on higher education and science, the Statute of the University and these Regulations.
2. The main functions of the Academic Council of the University
2.1. Academic Council of the University:
1) determines the strategy and perspective directions of development of the educational, scientific, and innovative activity of the higher educational institution;
2) develops and submits to the higher collegial body of public self-government a draft statute of the higher educational institution, as well as a decision on making changes and additions to it;
3) approves the financial plan and annual financial report of the higher educational institution;
4) defines the system and approves the procedures for internal quality assurance of higher education;
5) make decisions on the placement of own revenues in banking institutions;
6) makes decisions on the formation, reorganization, and liquidation of structural subdivisions on the proposal of the head of the higher educational institution;
7) elects by competition by secret ballot to the positions of deans, heads of departments, professors and associate professors, library directors, heads of branches;
8) approves educational programs and curricula for each level of higher education and specialty;
9) makes decisions on the organization of the educational process, determines the terms of study at the appropriate levels;
10) approves the sample and procedure for preparation of its own document on higher education, regulations on the procedure and grounds for its issuance to graduates, as well as samples, procedure for production, procedure, and grounds for issuance of joint and double diplomas to graduates;
11) approves the main directions of scientific research and innovation;
12) evaluates the scientific and pedagogical activities of structural units;
13) assigns the academic titles of professor, associate professor and submits the relevant decisions for approval to the attestation board of the central executive body in the field of education and science; approves the decision of the attestation commission;
14) make final decisions on the recognition of foreign documents on higher education, scientific degrees, and academic titles during the employment of pedagogical, scientific, scientific-pedagogical, and other employees, as well as during the enrollment of entrants;
15) has the right to file a motion to recall the head of a higher educational institution on the grounds provided by law, the charter of the higher educational institution, the contract, which is considered by the higher collegial body of public self-government of the higher educational institution;
16) decides on the opening of postgraduate and doctoral studies; enrollment and expulsion of graduate and doctoral students;
17) approves dissertation topics and individual plans of graduate and doctoral students;
18) decides on the organization of specialized councils for the defense of dissertations for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy and Doctor of Science;
19) approves the main provisions governing the work of the University;
20) creates commissions for the study and preparation of certain issues submitted to the Academic Council;
21) approves the symbols of the University;
22) elects honorary professors, honorary doctors, teachers, and employees of the University in accordance with the established procedure.
23) considers other issues of the University's activity in accordance with the legislation on higher education and the charter of the University.
3. The structure and procedure for forming the Academic Council of the University
3.1. The formation of a new composition of the Academic Council begins no later than 30 days before the expiration of the term of office of the previous composition.
3.2. The Academic Council of the University is headed by its Chairman, who is elected by secret ballot taking into account the proposals of the Founders from among the members of the Academic Council who have a scientific degree and/or academic (honorary) title for the term of the Academic Council.
3.3. The Academic Council of the higher educational institution includes:
- by positions: head of the University, deputy heads, scientific secretary, library director, chief accountant, heads of self-government bodies and elected bodies of primary trade union organizations of employees of the higher educational institution;
- elected representatives who represent scientific, scientific, and pedagogical workers and are elected from among the heads of departments, professors, doctors of philosophy, doctors of science to; elected representatives who represent other employees of the higher education institution and who work in it on a permanent basis; elected representatives of graduate students, doctoral students, trainees, assistant trainees; heads of student self-government bodies of a higher educational institution.
Elected representatives are nominated and elected according to the procedure and in accordance with the quotas set by the statute of the University.
3.4. The number of members of the Academic Council depends on the number of full-time employees and is at least 10% of the total number of people working at the University on a permanent basis.
3.5. According to the decision of the Academic Council, it may also include representatives of employers' organizations and graduates of the University. At the same time, not less than 75 percent of the members of the Academic Council must be scientific, scientific and pedagogical staff of a higher educational institution and not less than 10 percent - elected representatives from among students.
3.6. Elected representatives from among the employees of the higher education institution are elected by the highest collegial body of public self-government of the higher education institution on the proposal of the structural units in which they work, and elected representatives from among the students are elected by direct secret ballot.
3.7. Elections to the Academic Council shall begin 30 calendar days before the expiration of the term of office of the previous Academic Council.
4. Organization of the Academic Council
4.1. Meetings of the Academic Council of the University are held in accordance with the approved Work Plan for the calendar year. The work plan is drawn up on the basis of proposals of the members of the Academic Council, approved at the meeting of the Academic Council and approved by its Chairman.
An extraordinary meeting of the Academic Council is held to address urgent issues.
4.2. A meeting of the Academic Council is considered valid if at least 2/3 of the members of the Academic Council participate in its work. Decisions on all issues are made by a majority vote except for p. 13 item 2.1 of this Provision. The decision on p.p. 13 item 2.1 is considered adopted if less than 3/4 of the present members of the Academic Council voted for this decision.
4.3. The meeting of the Academic Council is recorded in the minutes of the meeting, which is signed by the Chairman of the Academic Council and the Scientific Secretary.
4.4. Decisions of the Academic Council are put into effect by orders of the head of the University.
4.5. The implementation of the decisions of the Academic Council is entrusted to the heads of structural units of the University, unless otherwise provided by the decisions of the Academic Council.
4.6. Control over the implementation of the decisions of the Academic Council is usually entrusted to the head of the University or his deputies in accordance with their functional responsibilities.
5. Final provisions
5.1. This Regulation shall enter into force upon its approval by the Academic Council of the University.